Skip To Main Content


Welcome to the Nurses Office

Contacting the School Nurse During Virtual Learning

If you need to contact the Health Office during virtual learning you may call 505-836-3030 ext 58119 or 58120. If we are unable to answer, please leave a message with your information and we will return your call as soon as possible. You may also email Natalie Sharpton through ParentVue email.

If you have questions regarding COVID-19, please visit the links below.

Keep Illness At Home

Remember, students who are ill should remain at home.

If a student becomes ill or is injured at school, he/she should get pass from their teacher or staff on duty and go to the Health Room.

If the nurse or health assistant determines that the student needs further treatment or should be sent home, their parents will be contacted.

Parents of students with special health conditions/medication(s) should contact the school nurse.

Required Immunizations

New Mexico state law and APS policy requires all student to be up to date with specific immunizations in order to enroll of remain enrolled in an APS school. Truman Middle School follows both the law and the policy. All students entering 7th grade require a shot that isn't a requirement for 6th grade. That shot is called a "TDAP".

Truman will hold a special immunization event in the Spring for 6th grade students to offer this immunization in preparation for them moving on to 7th grade. Parents and Guardians are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to make sure their child's shots meet State requirements.

Keep Contacts Up To Date

If your child is ill or injured it is essential the nurse's office be able to get in touch with a parent, guardian, or other emergency contact.

If your phone number changes, please make sure the school nurse's office is informed of the correct contact numbers.

Remember, if we can't contact you, we need to be able to contact someone. Please keep phone numbers up to date.

Medications At School

All medications, whether over-the-counter or prescribed, must be brought to the school nurse's office.

Parents must sign a permission-to-administer form for over-the-counter medications or provide a healthcare provider's order for prescription medications to be given at school.

At the end of the school year, all medications need to be picked up by the parent or they will be destroyed and discarded following APS policy.